Posted Dec.27th, 2020, viewed 439 times
Formatting Your Paper in Chicago Style Citation
Chicago Style Citation is a guide for American English that was first published in 1906 and covers:
- Manuscript preparation
- Formatting citations
The most recent edition was published in 2003. This formatting style is often used by the do my paper to organize their work and citing.
Types of Citations
There are two different types of citation in Chicago format that include:
- Notes and Bibliography system
- Author-Date system
The researchers can choose between both the types based on their discipline and source type. Let us discuss both in detail.
- Notes and Bibliography Style
Students of humanities, history, literature, and arts mainly use this system. This style includes the commentary on these cited sources. A superscript number is written at the end of a sentence indicates that the source is being used.
Similarly, the summary details of the source are also presented within the footnote at the bottom. Lastly, full details are also located in the bibliography in alphabetical order.
- Author-Date System
This type is used in natural, social, and physical sciences to organize the write essay for me referencing. Similarly, it is further enclosed within parentheses.
It includes the author’s last name, publication date, page numbers, and complete bibliographic information.
How to Format Your Paper in Chicago Style?
Follow the guidelines given below to format your paper in Chicago Style Format.
- Always use a standard font of 12 pt. Times New Roman
- Add double spacing in the text
- Use 1-inch margins on all sides of the page
- Indenting new paragraphs by ½ inch
- Page numbers must be placed with centered justification in the top right or bottom
- The text must be left-aligned
Mistakes to Avoid
A writer should avoid these common mistakes while formatting the text.
- The format uses the first name last name while the bibliography uses last name, first name
- Avoid reusing numbers for citations
- Use a first-line indent.
- A bibliography uses a hanging indent
- It also follows an alphabetical order
- Notes are numbered
- Do not put the Word Cited section at the top of your bibliography
This complete guide will help you format your research paper or write my essay in the Chicago style citation.
Why does the College Application Essay Matter?
How to Write a Killer Operations Manual